We wish to be used by God to establish a new church. By God’s grace, power, and help, we intend to plant Trinity Church in northwest Cobb County in early 2024.
One historic statement of faith known as The Abstract of Principles says, “God is revealed to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit each with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.” This doctrine–known as the Trinity–has united Christians for thousands of years. We believe sinners are reconciled to the eternal, unchanging, holy God through the work of the Son by the power of the Holy Spirit. Moreover, we acknowledge that the mission of the church–universal and local–is to make disciples of the risen Christ by baptizing them in the triune name of God and instructing them in his whole counsel.
Churches have named themselves after the Trinity for over a millennium. By calling our church Trinity Church, we aim to express our commitment to the historic Christian faith and solidarity with the saints of past generations.
We believe the local church is God’s “Plan A” for reaching the nations. Though Cobb County is well-canvased with a number of churches. We believe a few of them are healthy. By a “healthy church,” we mean churches committed to the biblically-prescribed elements of a local church. Here are a few of the distinctives of Trinity Church we wish to emphasize:
- We believe the Word of God builds his Church.
- We believe the pulpit sets the course for the Church.
- We believe healthy churches need healthy Christians. And God’s great means of building healthy Christians is by nourishing them through faithful sermons.
- We believe God ordains the events of salvation from beginning to end.
- We believe God had a definite intention and purpose for the Church in Christ’s death.
- We believe God’s sovereign action in salvation is compatible with man’s responsibility to believe. Moreover, God’s sovereignty is compatible with the church’s burden to proclaim to all people the forgiveness of sins in Jesus’ name.
Biblically Ordered Worship
- We believe a local church’s worship forms disciples.
- We believe that a church is a gathering of saints.
- We believe our gatherings must be regulated according to the Bible.
- The Church is a family.
- The Church fosters spiritually intentional relationships.
- The Church is for the spiritually hungry.
Evangelism & Missions
- We aim to cultivate a culture of planting and strengthening healthy churches.
- We aim to cultivate a culture of serving and knowing other churches.
- We believe a culture of evangelism is accomplished best through organic relationships which emphasize the clarity of the gospel.
Our intention is to plant in Northwest Cobb County, in the city of Kennesaw. Our goal would be somewhere close to downtown Kennesaw.